As new graduates the pressures of moving to a new part of the country, finding and starting your first job and getting settled into a new church can be both exciting and daunting.
At VCF we aim to help support you in this transition period, being a constant during a time that often includes many changes.
Here are some of the ways we do this:
- Providing a mentoring scheme.
- For many, this will occur informally through getting to know vets at the VCF Conferences, through Regional Groups or through doing EMS. If you would like us to put you in touch with someone within VCF to be a mentor as you begin in practice (or have been in practice for some years) then just drop us a line.
- Contact with Christian vets, vet nurses etc in the new area that you move to, both through Regional Groups and through personal contact.
- Contact with others through various CPD meetings.
- Conferences for fellowship, CPD and encouragement and support
- The bi-Monthly VCF Newsletter
- Listing job opportunities in VCF members practices